Illustrators of the Future 2006

8.29.2006

It's no Zatanna, but...

...I want to play too!

It'll be a few weeks yet before I can start posting in earnest--it takes me soooo long to finish anything right now since I can't hold the pencil for very long. Anyway, in the meantime, I don't want to just be a lurker, so here's an old one from one of my sketchbooks I used to record my dreams. It's not inked, just pencil. This is at least a year, maybe a year and a half old...as I recall, the dream involved watching TV with a telepathic iguana. Don't ask for it to make sense.

5 Comments:

  • Very cool image! Good color choice, too--very dreamlike and otherworldly.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 29 August, 2006  

  • Yeah, it looks like something from a magazine illustration. It'd make a cool T-shirt, too.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 29 August, 2006  

  • I really like this image for so many reasons that I can't list them all here. How about just the favorite reasons: hair chopsticks and a telepathic iguana.

    By Blogger Major Sheep, at 29 August, 2006  

  • Thanks guys! You know, the colours didn't show up as bright as they did in Photoshop...why is that? Yeah, I miss hair sticks, I had to cut off my long hair when I was sick. I kept all my fancy carved chopsticks, though...and the hair...I'm such a pack-rat. Anyone wants any human hair, I've got ya covered.

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 29 August, 2006  

  • Funny, because we were just talking about weird dreams and the like. She does bear a slight resemblance to you, i think! Hair sticks rule. You used to have long hair too then?

    Also: Great style here - reminds me of some comics I've seen, from the thick lines and the blue-toned shading. Lovely!

    By Blogger Katya, at 29 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home