Illustrators of the Future 2006

8.13.2007

Redux

Hello, all! Back in January, I posted the map that I did for Patrick Rothfuss' "The Name of the Wind." Since that time, my hard drive ate itself and all of my digital originals including the map. This is a recreation utilizing the wonderful advantages of the Wacom. It's been spruced-up for production of hardcopy maps he's hoping to sign and sell, and I'm getting it ready for the press. Any comments and crits will be well-appreciated.

If you were a fan, would you buy it?



Nate

3 Comments:

  • I think it looks great, and if I were a fan, I'd pick it up. Tracing the locations in the story on the map would be cool. Are you taking any orders for it? I'd like one signed by you and the writer. Let me know.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 24 August, 2007  

  • The current plan is to have them done up in 4-color process, then signed by both of us and sold on his website limited-edition-style. I'll let you know when that happens.

    By Blogger Major Sheep, at 24 August, 2007  

  • Very cool. Maps are hard to do, very much so. This looks A+ professional, tho.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 28 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home