Illustrators of the Future 2006

6.20.2007

It's good to be able to access this place again.

I finally found out where to get a model skeleton. I'm getting it shipped from the US and it's still costing me less than $400 Australian. If anyones interested I can let you know the model, I think it's the cheapest, good skeletonl you can buy.

Does anyone here know of any really complicated perspective books? I've been reading this one callled 'Perspective a new system for designers' which introduces a few interesting things, but doesn't nearly go into enough detail about them. The lines DO bend! I knew it all along I tell you!

I've got some stuff to post comming up soon. It's a submission for comic anthology put together by a company based in Perth. They're called Gestalt, and they're all about giving the creators all the rights. They are the ones that are interested in publishing my graphic novel. In the meantime thats taking up all the art time I have.

I'm still at my job, still learning all sorts of new things. Still perpetually dissapointed with my work. It's great!

_Mel

6 Comments:

  • The perspective book I use is called "Perspective! For Comic Book Artists: How to Achieve a Professional Look in Your Artwork," by David Chelsea. It's told in comic format and starts with the basics but then goes into some pretty complex lessons. I found it helpful, and the format makes it easy to follow.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 20 June, 2007  

  • Yeah I have that one. It's pretty damn good. Although was left feeling pretty confused about using parabolas to draw lots of elipses. Don't the parabolas change shape depending on how close you are to the subject or something?

    He hinted at making a sequel in that book. I hope he does... and deals with perspectives involving curved lines.

    By Blogger melelel, at 20 June, 2007  

  • You lost me at parabolas. :) I do remember the end of the book involving equations and things...that's when it got a little crazy for me. After all of that though I'm still stuck on using 1 and 2 point perspective. Hope you find what you need.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 21 June, 2007  

  • I have never heard of either of those books, but maybe that's why perspective and I don't get along. I'll take curvy lines over straight lines any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

    Mel, it sounds like things are going terrific, and I really hope your graphic novel gets picked up, if not by these guys then someone else.

    Lastly, a skeleton? I never thought of having one around for reference, but it makes perfect sense. Where did you get it?

    By Blogger Major Sheep, at 21 June, 2007  

  • it's made by a company called 3B they sell it on a website called Mentone but I bought mine on Ebay :)

    By Blogger melelel, at 21 June, 2007  

  • I have a book called "Perspective Without Pain", but it's probably pretty basic. Perspective and I don't like each other.
    I can't wait to see your comic stuff; that would unbelievably cool.
    The other day, I watched a Saddle Club episode, which is filmed in Australia. So, did the Fosters: Australian for Beer (Beah!) ever go over well in Australia?
    Sorry for the non sequitor; my mind does strange things.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 09 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home