Illustrators of the Future 2006

5.03.2007

sketchjunk and product plug

I recently bought this really cool refillable brush pen, which I LOVE. Works so much better than the disposable pens I've tried (and I'm too messy to use brushes and ink.) Don't know if any of you guys already have one, it's called the Pentel Pocket Brush Pen. Has synthetic bristles and refills with cartridges. Does not fray like the disposable ones! I highly recommend it to people who like to play around with ink.

Also, no one's posted recently so I thought I'd throw up a couple pages from my little sketchbook that I take to work.

Random pen doodle.


I saw this girl on the bus and her hat was pulled down so low it was comical. The top guy was not on the bus, fortunately.


A lush. That's actually an ornate word bubble coming from the puppet, but I haven't written in the drunk talk yet.

3 Comments:

  • Wow, 3 great pieces! Your stuff just seems to evolve--especially in the last piece, where you've combined your signature smooth lines, funky characters, and ornate details into a surreal little scene. Nice work!! Hey, how's your hand and wrist these days?

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 03 May, 2007  

  • I can't wait to see what the sock puppet snake is saying. That pen doodle is crazy; why can't I ever have doodles that crazy-detailed?

    By Blogger Droemar, at 04 May, 2007  

  • I'm not sure I've every said so, but I am always awestruck by your mechanical drawings. Whenever I try to draw a machine, it ends up looking more like play-doh than metal. Your patience and ability continue to astound.

    That last piece is hilarious. I just love the idea of a drunk person having a talk with a sock puppet as though the puppet is drunk and they're sober. That's a comic right there.

    By Blogger Naten, at 04 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home