Illustrators of the Future 2006

4.19.2007

New Stuff!

Heya! Well, I've been out of the loop for just forever and a day, but I want everyone here to know that I miss you all a great deal. In fact, I can't wait until we set up some kind of reunion because those five days in San Diego remain one of my best memories. Thanks for that.

In other news, I'm trying my best to get a job that Joni from Galaxy told me about. Apparently they're looking for an Edd Cartier-type artist to provide some illustrations for an audiobook. Here's what I threw at 'em.

I was given a photo of a set and told to insert some characters for action. I hope they like it because I'm in need of the work.

Either way, I hope you're all doing well and keeping the pencil to the page, or stylus to the tablet as it were. Laters!

6 Comments:

  • Sounds like a sweet opportunity, Nate. Make sure to write a contract if you get the job. Or at least get the specifics in writing.

    By Blogger K. Feigenbaum, at 21 April, 2007  

  • the best of good fortune!!!

    By Blogger Alex, at 21 April, 2007  

  • Well, I got the job! Thanks for the reminder about a contract, Kim. I'll be sure to get everything in writing first. Thanks for the well-wishes too, Alex.

    Though I must admit that what I'm really looking forward to is the paycheck since I plan to use it to finally pick up a Wacom.

    By Blogger Naten, at 22 April, 2007  

  • Congrats! I'm sure you'll do great on this project.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 23 April, 2007  

  • YAY NATE! You got the job! Unbelievably sweet! How's it feel? *jealous* Don't spare us the details. I look forward to seeing your first tablet work.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 23 April, 2007  

  • hey congrats! This is a great drawing here... the composition, the dramatic lighting... and I love the face of the thug sneaking in. Please post more when you get 'em done!

    PS. like your new site layout, but can't access the comic archives...? and I think I missed a few that I want to read.

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 25 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home