Illustrators of the Future 2006

4.01.2007

An Aesthetic Dump



It's been a while for me, so I thought I'd chuck up what I've done in the last month or so. I was tired of my colored pencil Dragon Rose pieces, so I was glad for the distraction when Ozzie suggested the collaboration. Here's the first of my two: Triceraton. I thought he was a bad guy like Bebop and Rocksteady, but apparantly the Triceratons are an alien race in the TMNT universe. They appear in the 2003 animated series, too. You learn something new every day, eh? I'm working on Splinter's pose still.

Also, here's my pencils for Ozzie and I's next collaboration. Again, I was glad for the distraction and had just downloaded a whole bunch of new music. (In other words, no hurry, Ozzie.) I was pleased with how this turned out pose-wise, so I might so something of my own with it in due course. Abnepos Arista attacking, hopefully sufficiently detailed enough for Ozzie's crazeh pen.

I've also finished some more of my Dragon Rose pieces. I don't think I uploaded Cerastes and Qita. They turned out okay. Many hours of Lewis Black's ranting went into both of these. I was very cynical afterwards. I hope everyone is making leaps and bounds in their own learnings of art. I check this blog for updates probably way too much, but I am excited about the TMNT collaboration when it's all done. I'm already hoping I can make a wallpaper for my own computer, if not a mousepad or a T-shirt. (But I dunno if Cafepress lets you print stuff that's copyright to someone else.) I flip through my copy of Writers of the Future VOl. 22 to read over ya'll's signatures and stuff. And I still curse and laugh and shake my head that I was the ONLY FREAKIN' PERSON TO CRY. And I actually look forward to Mondays because of Kingdom Heights. I am richer for San Diego, so here's a bottled water toast to memories.

2 Comments:

  • holy amazing work Laura. Love the designs, love the lush colours... nice details like on Qita's sword there. I have to say, though, I sorta like the less-textured colouring on Triceraton better. Oh, and his ragged fingernails are nice and nasty. Such a great dynamic pose too.

    Can't wait to see Ozzie ink Arista! Arista is my favourite-looking Old God.

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 02 April, 2007  

  • It's gonna be fun working on this one! I'll try to get this one done in under 3 months. :)

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 02 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home