Illustrators of the Future 2006

3.26.2007

Who Here Likes Ninja Turtles?

Me an' Ozzie were discussing collaborations, and we'd really like all of the Illustrators to do one big collaboration. He just saw TMNT. The Ninja Turtles were much loved be me when I was little; I still have like 150 figurines. Would anyone be up for doing a big collaboration, where each of us draws one character from the show? I volunteer to Photoshop all the pieces together into one big awesome piece. Everybody can do it in their own style and so on, but it might be best to keep the backgrounds blank to make for easy Photoshopping.
Anyone up for it? I'd like to do Splinter. Raphael was my favorite turtle, but I'd have a hell of a time drawing him. If we get enough people to do the 4 turtles, Shredder, and Splinter, I'd give up Splinter to do someone like Bebop or Rocksteady, or even some of the figure characters like Triceraton or Ray Filet. (Much love to the Rayman!)
Oh! And someone could do Mondo Gecko. Everyone who was little who had that toy loved that guy cause he could skateboard over everything. And Kang. Creepy little brain guy. He never showed up in the movies, did he?

11 Comments:

  • Ooooo, I call Shredder! When you say our own style, does that mean we can interpret the character in our own way? I guess it would be a good idea to post WIPs and then get feedback, too. sweet.

    By Blogger K. Feigenbaum, at 26 March, 2007  

  • Cool! I think every character should be interpreted in each person's own way. I'm planning to do a Baxter Stockman for the TMNT site's fan art section just for the fun of it. But for this collab, I think I'll go with Slash, the evil turtle from Dimension X...and I highly recommend the new movie to any fan.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 27 March, 2007  

  • Yeah, everybody can do their piece in their own way. NO fun otherwise, right? I can't wait to see ya'll's stuff!
    Now let's see if we can get anyone else on board ...

    By Blogger Droemar, at 27 March, 2007  

  • I like the idea of a big character collab, but I'm not really into TMNT at all...

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 27 March, 2007  

  • I would love to do Casey Jones, but Donatello was my favorite turtle.

    I haven't been to see the movie because I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I loved the turtles when I was little. On the other hand, I hear this movie is for kids, not grown-ups who loved them when they were kids.

    I'm pumped about this collaboration. Should we set a deadline?

    By Blogger Naten, at 27 March, 2007  

  • Nate, trust me, it's worth seeing--total opposite of what you've heard. The story may be a little over the top, but there's some really cool stuff in there that I think you'd be impressed by.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 28 March, 2007  

  • I don't think a deadline is really all that pressing ... maybe, say, end of June or something? I'm almost done with the pencils of my first character, Triceraton, and I'm hoping to do Splinter tonight. So maybe we'll inspire each other to get done.
    Darn you, Ozzie. Now I want ot buy the movies and the DVDs of the 2003 cartoon. I've been watchign the 90s cartoon on Youtube nonstop. *shakes fist*

    By Blogger Droemar, at 28 March, 2007  

  • Can I make a suggestion for a second collab... (although I'm looking forward to seeing a TMNT thing, but I notice no one really wants to draw the turtles themselves...) It would be kinda of neat to do an anything-goes "tag" kind of collab, ie. we could start out with, say, one of Kim or Laura's creatures, then they could pass it on to someone else to draw someone reacting to/interacting with the monster, then pass it on to the next person, who would add their own character/creature/vehicle/background or whatever, and just keep passing it around...

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 28 March, 2007  

  • Now that's a novel concept. I like! I'll keep that one on my back burner for after this one.

    By Blogger Naten, at 29 March, 2007  

  • Me too. That would totally rock!
    I'm kinda hoping Mel and Miguel will jump the TMNT thing. And Kat woould do a kickass April O'Niel.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 29 March, 2007  

  • I finally made it into the New Blogger!!!!!!
    Green pizza-eaters creatures from a sewer....I'm In!!!

    By Blogger Alex, at 08 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home