Illustrators of the Future 2006

2.22.2007

Just to expand the range of my blog postings, and maybe the blog in general, I'm doing a sketch dump. While I haven't been the most productive guy at finished pieces, I'm creating a ton of little guys every day. So I'm throwing this out there to prove (perhaps to myself) that I'm not lazy, just building momentum. Yeah! That's it!

Anyway, here's some stuff from me. Enjoi.

First, a travelogue-style sketch of the Edema Ruh, travelling performers similar to gypsies and regarded just as highly. This is a "stereotype" sketch, far from the truth.


The Rac-Pack, a team of submarine engineers: from left to right, Orbit, Hindsight, Tiptop, Rascal, and Nailback.


Mostly characters from my strip, but lining the bottom are Gamine the seal and Flintlock the cheetah from my Deep Six storyline, and Randy from "My Name is Earl."


A Jeckyl and Hyde rendering of myself, Kirk, Hephaestus from "Little Gods," and Megahertz the fruit bat from Deep Six.


Armor renderings for another storyline. It's supposed to be for a ranger-type, but I have a hard time making it look both sparse (for agility) and effective. The armor grows from spawning packs and retracts when not in use.

4 Comments:

  • These are awesome! Where are all of these guys from? I want to know back stories! (Except for Kirk and Spock. I know them. And your comic peoples.)
    I love the radioactive bat!

    By Blogger Droemar, at 22 February, 2007  

  • Oops, forgot descriptions! Edited for your perusal.

    By Blogger Naten, at 22 February, 2007  

  • Yay! I want to see thie Deep Six storyline. Got any of it written?

    By Blogger Droemar, at 25 February, 2007  

  • Lookin' good, man! You're characters get more expressive each time you post something. I really like the inked pieces, especially the racoons. You could totally make some cash selling that style at a convention. Let's see more!

    By Blogger K. Feigenbaum, at 26 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home