Illustrators of the Future 2006

1.16.2007

Working My Eyes to the Bone


Happy new year to every one of you happy little artists out there! Well, here's what I've been working my fingers to the nub and eyes to the bone to produce. It's the map to my friend's fantasy novel (due out in April). What you see here is the color version which will go on his interactive website, but there's also a black & white version that will go in his book. I've been kind of keeping the map to myself because I didn't want to jinx anything, but it's pretty much affirmed, so here it is.

On one hand I'm glad to be published again, and definitely glad for the money, but on the other hand I really hope I haven't just signed myself up for a lifetime of mapmaking. Either way, it's good work!

I hope the rest of you are doing as well as I am! Later!

5 Comments:

  • Heh, I like the little monk! Give me name, title, and publisher so I can buy this sucker when it comes out.
    And remember what Stephen told us! You'll end up doing the same kind of pieces you hate. Dooom! Dooooooom!

    By Blogger Droemar, at 16 January, 2007  

  • But of course! "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss from Daw Books.

    By Blogger Major Sheep, at 17 January, 2007  

  • Nice job man, and congrats on getting more work out there!

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 19 January, 2007  

  • Sweet! He got reviewed by Terry Brooks and Kevin J. Anderson! And that's YOUR artwork. Totally awesome.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 21 January, 2007  

  • Eyebones. I lol'd.

    By Blogger Katya, at 19 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home