Illustrators of the Future 2006

3.26.2007


Here is the latest result from my adventures in photoshop. The topic for this guy was "winged healer." It was a very difficult topic to illustrate. Basically, I focused on making the monster and then wrote a concept that fit the topic (cheating!). But, I figure since I'm still learning I can afford to focus on one thing at a time. There are a few things that could be improved, like the raised paw, but I'm done with it for now. Moving on to the next thing.....

4 Comments:

  • Awesome! It's great how you've used Photoshop to create the same style and techniques you use in your acrylic paintings...and without the mess. :) Nice work!

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 27 March, 2007  

  • Man, you've taken to Photoshop is a seriously wicked way. How do you get things so smooth?
    He looks like he'd be nice to pet.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 27 March, 2007  

  • Such nice gentle big hands. the texture of his skin is really amazing, I'm really enjoying letting my eyes roll over all those wrinkles. I wonder if his whiskers, eyebrows and mane get all tangled together when he flies. Do you do all your preliminary sketching right in Photoshop, or do you scan stuff in?

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 27 March, 2007  

  • Seriously awesome textures. I love the ground and the wrinkles too. In some distant part of my brain, Stephen Hickman is looking closely at your wings, but I love the whole thing.

    I've started the Wacom Fund to get my own, but fear I may have to start small in order to start at all.

    It will be mine. Oh, yes. It will be mine.

    By Blogger Naten, at 27 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home