Illustrators of the Future 2006

9.17.2007

Return From Outer Space!!



Hey Guys!

Man, it's been too long since I've had my fix of of the good ol' Illustrators' blog. I have missed you all immensely and I'm sorry for not writing. A lot of things have been happening lately. Dragon Con was a smashing good time. I met George Lowe and C. Martin Croker, the voice actors of Space Ghost and Zorak on "Space Ghost Coast to Coast". I randomly ran into Corey Adams, an animator for "Williams Street" (Cartoon Network) and made a new friend. Martin Croker is also an animation director for the Cartoon Network and he was very interested in my work. I've been in contact with him, so hopefully something will come from it. Also, there was interest from White Wolf and several other small publishers. The exhibit in the art show went well and I sold several pieces. I'll definitely be back next year.

I just re-designed my website, and I would like to post links to your respective sites if anyone is interested. Just post your URL and I'll add it.

Jay and I recently moved to Atlanta, GA. The art scene is much more active here and I have a solo show booked for November and a group show in December. A gallery in midtown is carrying my prints. We've only been here a few months and I'm already exhausted from all of the marketing and foot-work. The good thing is, it's paying off and I'm getting a lot of good exposure.

It's Spectrum time again! Call for entries begins in October, so everyone should enter(www.spectrumfantasticart.com). The down side is that it's $30 per entry, but I think it's worth it.

These pictures are a few new things I'm working on. One is a digital painting with the intention of practicing light and texture creation. The other is a sketch I completed for the Dragon Con quick sketch competition.

7 Comments:

  • Wowza, you've been busy! Sounds like things are really going well for you, and I hope you'll keep us updated on the Cartoon Network thing! I can see the series now: "Kim's World" with voices by Kristin Davis and Hank Azaria. Oh, it'll be big!

    And I really hope to see your name in Spectrum 15.

    By Blogger Major Sheep, at 19 September, 2007  

  • Oh, and www.king-sheep.com.

    By Blogger Major Sheep, at 19 September, 2007  

  • Wow, I can't imagine how much fun it would be to have an animated series. Or even just to work on one. You know I would be tapping your brain for material. We could be like some insane pop-culture saturated think tank. Awesome.

    I don't think I have a snow ball's chance in hell of getting into spectrum, but I'm trying anyway.

    And I added your name to the site.

    By Blogger K. Feigenbaum, at 19 September, 2007  

  • Hey Kim! Good to "see" you again! Frickin' love that digital painting, it's so strange and gorgeous. It's only a matter of time until you'll be making lots of money at this... keep us posted!

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 26 September, 2007  

  • That digital painting is looking absolutely amazing. It's Painter I assume? Wow. The texture is beautiful.

    I'm glad to hear you're getting more exposure and fame now! You totally deserve it.

    Maybe I should try for spectrum just for the lulz. I dunno - $30??? Oi.

    My site is http://www.havensstudios.com

    also on the sidebar I listed the websites of you guys that I know of.

    By Blogger Katya, at 02 October, 2007  

  • Hye Kim! I love the rancor-loking dude smoking. That is one awesome gun. I can see why White Wolf would be all over you and your creature designs. Way to market yourself, too. I hope I can do half the stuff you're doing.

    And, uh, my website is www.rhymar.net
    For what it's worth.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 03 October, 2007  

  • Laura, Kat, I added your websites.

    Tamara: thanks for the encouragement. Things have been a bit bumpy since we moved, but I'm keeping busy.

    Kat: Actually, it's photoshop 7. Yeah, I know, its out-dated at this point. But, damn, it is still a good program. I don't have the money to upgrade right now. I'm saving for a large format printer :) You should definitely enter spectrum. I checked out your site and your work is ROCKIN'!

    Laura: The White Wolf guy wrote me back and said that he showed my stuff to the art directors, whatever that means. Basically, it boils down to "no work for right now." Oh well, I'll keep sending stuff. They'll have to hire me at some point just to get me off their backs.

    By Blogger K. Feigenbaum, at 10 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home