Illustrators of the Future 2006

11.19.2007

Webcomic

Hey guys,
I teamed up with a writer in my area on a webcomic that's currently on his site. His name is Chris Wichtendahl and he writes a lot of sci-fi, fantasy and comic short stories. In looking for a writer to collaborate with, I figured the local comic shop would be a good place to find someone and it just so happened Chris was good friends with the owner. This is the first of a few collaborations in the works, including my Halloween story which he's already brought a bunch of cool ideas to the table for. This story was scripted and lettered by Chris, and I did the pencils and inks. Check it out and enjoy.
http://www.hemispherestudios.com/webcomic.html
PS Laura, you should post the colored Arista you did--it was really well done. :)

4 Comments:

  • Ozzie, that's terrific! As usual, your detailed line work makes everything a joy to look at. In the interest of critiquing, some of the character poses look a bit stiff, but that just needs practice. How long did you give yourself to produce each of these pages?

    By Blogger Major Sheep, at 26 November, 2007  

  • In all, this took 2 months to plan and execute. I would say I did a page a week, cranking out about an hour a day before work and more on the weekends. I think in the future though I'm probably going to focus more on spot illustrations. Comics take a lot of time to do and after a couple of weeks it's tough to stay motivated. Overall, I'm happy with the way it turned out but I know there's a lot to improve on. Thanks for the feedback. I'm def going to practice making the characters I work on more fluid and natural looking in upcoming projects.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 26 November, 2007  

  • Whoa, trippy! Nice, though. SO much detail to do over and over and over again!
    You've improved at breaking up your shapes a lot, I see. I think Nate's right; you might benefit form doing like 10 or 5 second gesture drawings to loosen up. But this looks like real professional work already.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 30 November, 2007  

  • Also, I just got to the page where the wizard collapses, and all I could think was that it would be hilarious if the comic just ended there.
    But I'm twisted.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 30 November, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home