Illustrators of the Future 2006

9.03.2006

Kat's Tutorial WIPs

Kat has a Painter tablet tutorial that I thought I'd try outsince I'm scared to color anything that is not a line that has gone through a vector program. Here's the general first steps.





Here's the intermediate ones, although I'm not really sure when this is going to befinished. I'm doing some directional coloring, which I rarely do.



















Here's a jump. Metuo always looks different with his stars on. This actually really jumped up and ran away with me; I've never been so pleased with anything I've done 100% tablet before! This is gonna be a wallpaper. Woohoo!

4 Comments:

  • first: PONY


    next: Yay! I can't wait to see where you go with this. I think you will do fine since my tutorial uses lines, in a painterly way. good luck!

    By Blogger Katya, at 03 September, 2006  

  • like the colours on the body, chest area especially... but this horsey looks kind of scary? with his orange eyes and...fangs? What gives? Intriguing...

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 05 September, 2006  

  • He's a daemon. Not a bad guy, but a supernatural beastienonetheless. There's loads more info on him at my deviantart pages.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 05 September, 2006  

  • Nice coloring--looks pastel-ish. I'm not much of a digital colorist so I'm always amazed at the different effects you can get with it.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 05 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home