Illustrators of the Future 2006

9.10.2006

what's the ugliest part of your body?

Alright, you people officially need to post more often :D I know you guys are working on stuff out there! But it's understandable if life is getting in the way, I'm just, hmm, impatient? I hope everyone is doing alright, then. Same old? Any news?

I suppose I'll throw something up here then.




These profiles of a handful of my personal characters have been causing me a great deal of insecurity lately. Curse you faces!

In addition, I have a painting in progress and also you can poke at my personal sketchblog that I post various things on, including some of the pictures from our trip!

3 Comments:

  • Nice work Kat! You def have a distinctive style and I like how each face is unique. I find it annoying when I read something and everyone's face looks interchangeable. Various details make for good characterization. :)

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 10 September, 2006  

  • Omigod, Kat, are you a Frank Zappa fan??? You are too cool!

    Your linework is great. Love the detail on those ears! l really like the satyr-type guy on the bottom left. His hair is awesome. The only criticism is I might say that they kinda all have the same size mouth and chin.

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 10 September, 2006  

  • I think you have plenty of variation overall; none of these looks like the same face with different hair or anything. I like the girl with the stripe across her nose. All good fun!

    And way better than I could do.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 12 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home