Illustrators of the Future 2006

10.13.2006

For shame!




Shame on me for being so lax. Things got kind of dead, and I wandered away in a kind of sad stupor. Things have been kind of lonely for me in this 25,000 person one-horse town. I'm in better shape than I was yesterday, though, because I started a writing group and our first meeting was tonight. I gave my prologue of Daemonfire to complete strangers and everyone loved it. Gives me hope for marketing it.
Here are some of what I've been working on. They are character chapter headings for the novel. I am nearly done with all of the animal-types, so soon I most focus on *deep breath and shudder* more of the humans. I kind of hope they won't be eaten alive, cause it's a bitch to change things, but I await your opinion.

4 Comments:

  • LOVE that fiery daemon, great design, great job on the colouring. I knew you'd be back soon... glad to see you, I missed your funny comments. I think the writers group is a great idea for social activity. How do you even find time for socializing between schoolwork and the multitude of otherwordly characters you have living in your head?

    Guess who I was "talking" to earlier-- JAMES! I caught him online! Someone please resend him the Blogger invite (Kat?) He can't find it. He's been busy with school, but he PROMISED he'd show up over here! James, we miss ya! Also, I think we need to lean on Eldar, Alex and Miguel a little!

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 15 October, 2006  

  • Tamara is right, I have enough head-people to keep me busy all the time XD

    I re-invited James and Eldar, too. Damnit! Alex, Miguel and Eldar are all registered but haven't posted :( Anyone else up for stalking them and sending them creepy letters? OI.

    That fire design is amazing. The soft purply colors.. and the POSE.. is so fantastic! I think it would be cool to start stepping it up a little bit with the shading, going a little more bravely into stronger shadows and more definition. Did you ever get those tips I sent you on deviantart?

    Also, I don't think the humans are bad at all! I remember the guy from your portfolio. He's got great stance, as does the woman.

    Good luck with the writing thing! It sounds like a lot of fun, actually, maybe a good way to meet more people like you. *hugs*

    By Blogger Katya, at 15 October, 2006  

  • Just realized I didn't comment on your humans. Really cool costume designs. Anyone read Nate's comic? That staff kinda reminds me of the shakubuku stick:) I think you're too hard on yourself in regards to your "oomans." They do look a bit more cartoony than your animals, but they look good, so it works.

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 15 October, 2006  

  • Wow, you really are Queen of the Beasts! All of them look fantastic, though, and have a very professional quality to them--nice, clean, excellent work!

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 16 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home