Illustrators of the Future 2006

9.21.2006

Intahview

Well, I got home yesterday and there was an email from my ma saying Galaxy had tried to call. I talked with Louie, our English accented camera guy, and Mr. Goodwin, on the payphone outside my apartment. They actually have a toll-free number, but that was balanced out every time a semi or a bus blew by and drowned out their drilling of interview questions.
The guy who interviewed me was pretty cool; he's an anchor named Evan Onstot and he does human interest stories every week. Naturally one his first questions was "So he's the Scientology guy?" Goodwin had prepared me for such questions, so I riposted with mention of Hubbard's romances and westerns! Touche'!
They're gonna try and set me up with some more interviews, but I know I looked like a toal skank after riding to campus on my bike in wind and a smattering rain. I'll settle for a book signing, I think. I really hope I can get a copy of the tape and stuff.
By the by, is anyone getting sound on their DVDs? If there's something wrong with minei'd like to know. So I can raise hell or something. I just can't remember what's being said in the clips.
I also have a Livejournal now, under the name Droemar, for all those interested. I'll be posting my big journal coverage and pictures of the Illustrators week in due course, in addition to Daemon Soul work. But Blake Hutchins kicked my short story in the nads, so it's undergoing a feverish rewrite.
We also need to hurt some of our Illustrator pals. Like James and Alex, for not posting at all, ever. Pitchforks and torches, anyone?

2 Comments:

  • Here's the scoop with the DVDs and lack of sound: if you're referring to the parts of the DVD preceeded by the words "B-Roll," then it's not supposed to have sound. That video is for news stations to use before, after, or during interviews as visual filler while someone else (you or the interviewer) is talking over it. After realizing that myself, I came to the distinct conclusion that both the DVD and the picture CD were not for personal enjoyment, but rather for personal promotion. *sigh* And I was hoping for group shots to use in a scrapbook memoir. Oh, well.

    By Blogger Major Sheep, at 21 September, 2006  

  • Yeah, but we've already established Australians are weird, backwards folk.

    I got anothe rinterview with FoxNews. Hope they don't make me look like a Scientologist or something.

    I was looking forward to some nice group pics, too. I wish they'd sent captions. If someone asks me what me and Kat are doing in that one pic where we're pretending to scream, I'm gonna be like "I have no freaking idea."

    By Blogger Droemar, at 22 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home