Illustrators of the Future 2006

10.16.2006

Work stuff...


Here's an ad that I worked on recently. Not terribly exciting, but it was the first photo shoot I've been responsible for. This ad will run in pubs for pediatricians, so it's not likely to be seen by the general public. Basically, I took over when another AD was swamped so the concept and overall layout are not mine. But I did play around with a few elements and had a hand in the final image composition--I was also a part of the model selection, wardrobe and other details. Overall, the shoot was a fun experience, but nothing really compares to looking at something you've done by your own hand. Just wanted to give you guys an idea of what I do. BTW, we took about 120 pics of these guys and, since everyone was out sick that day, I had to widdle them down to a few possible combinations. This was the client's selection and I think it works well. They were then added to the school bus which was shot separately and composed by our Photoshop guru. Tight deadlines and nit-picky clients caused me to work late many a night and drink heavily when it was done. Gotta love advertising.

4 Comments:

  • Wow, all that for a cold medicine ad? Dang. It looks cool tho, I'll probably think of you anytime I see this kind of stuff in the doc's office.
    The kids strike me as being exceedingly obnoxious for a photo shoot. Like Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes, when he gets his picture taken.

    By Blogger Droemar, at 16 October, 2006  

  • Hey, you're right. I didn't think of it, but yeah, the kid in the middle is just like Calvin. That was one of my fav strips growing up--I envied Bill Watterson's art style. The Far Side was my second fav.

    By Blogger Ozzie, at 17 October, 2006  

  • I think the curly-haired kid is my favorite. That's a great face haha :P Look like typical mischevious children who just got better thanks to the excellent medication known as Dimetapp. (which tastes terrible, by the way) Man, I didn't know graphic design was such work!

    By Blogger Katya, at 20 October, 2006  

  • Thanks for posting this, it's cool to get an idea of what you do for your day job. I do think it's really funny that you wrote "widdle" and not "whittle." Because around here, "widdle" means "pee."

    By Blogger LetterGhost, at 23 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home